We get hit up for sponsorship all the time. So I generally know how much all the awards events are charging (before they do any discounts)
So who is the most expensive?
Of the three annual awards that we know of (Eircom Spiders, IIA Net Visionary and Irish Web Awards) the single most expensive award is currently the Eircom Spiders (formerly known as the Golden Spiders)
How much do they charge?
€8000 / category
IIA charge less than half that at €3000 / category
The Irish Web Awards charge under €1000
How can anyone justify paying €8k for a category sponsorship in 2013?
According to the Spiders' organisers (who aren't Eircom .. ):
- Reach new and influential audiences cost effectively - at €8k / category maybe their definition of cost-effective is a bit different to mine ..
- The eircom Spider Awards brings you the most targeted audience in the online sector reaching senior professionals and decision makers in the public and private sectors - both the IIA Net Visionary awards and the Irish Web Awards attract a similar audience
- Reach an audience of 1,000,000 through our partnership with The Irish Independent - huh?
- Receive increased brand awareness through advertising, features and promotions in Business & Finance - the magazine isn't ABC audited and hasn't been for the last few years, so how wide their readership actually is is not clear. If they were ABC audited then it'd be fine .. ..
- Our events are further promoted using the Spiders Facebook, Linkedin group and Twitter - they only have just over 1k followers on Twitter, their Facebook page is inactive and hasn't been updated for some time (it still refers to the 2012 event) and their LinkedIn group is quite small and dormant
Answers on a postcard ..