I am a self-confessed coffee addict. I'm not quite sure when I started drinking coffee, but over time I've developed a fairly serious addiction. Apart from a period about 25 years ago when I was stuck in the Valle del Jerte without access to coffee I generally drink coffee starting from first thing in the morning.
But I digress
I was curious to see what the options were for buying coffee online in Ireland. I knew of some places as I'd bought from them in the past, but I'd absolutely no idea what was either available or considered to be "good". ("Good" is terribly subjective, but if multiple people recommend a place it can't be "terrible")
Things that influence my personal buying patterns are fairly obvious:
- recommendations from friends / colleagues
- shipping cost (it doesn't have to be free, but the cost should be "reasonable" ie. I'm not going to pay €20 shipping for €30 of coffee)
- secure professional looking site that makes me feel comfortable buying from them. If I'm not happy that you can be trusted with my payment details and my personal information then I'm not going to buy from you.
The list below is far from comprehensive but is based on what people told me when I asked for options. Obviously they all offer coffee, so I haven't mentioned that.
You should also bear in mind that these are all "premium" coffees and you shouldn't compare with the €3 - 5 per 227g offering in your local supermarket.
- Free shipping on orders over 500g
- Winner of multiple awards
- Free shipping some of the time (ROI)
- Online shop also sells courses, mugs and coffee making gear
- Dublin based roasters
Free shippingwhile their site advertises this the code doesn't work. Seems to charge from €4
- Offers a range of mugs, coffee machines and other gear for coffee making
- Sells commercial equipment including machines and grinders (offline)
- Shipping prices not available until purchase (and requires registration)
- Sells a good range of coffee making equipment as well as merchandise
- Free shipping with some options
- Variety of "subscriptions" available
- Free shipping on orders over €50
- Offers a range of ground and bean coffee including subscriptions.
- Free shipping sometimes (various ongoing offers)